XUL Questions and Examples
- How do I hide and show a XUL element?
- How do I get the mouse position on a element?
- How do I get the content loaded in an iframe?
- How do I parse a string of XUL?
- How do I create a form and submit it?
- Is there a way to show a simple message box?
- How do I sort content?
- How do I retrieve and modify Mozilla preferences?
Dealing with Trees
- How do I get the text of the currently selected item in a tree?
- How do I put arbitrary elements in a tree?
- How do I add an image to a treecell?
- How do I add a progress meter to a treecell?
- Example: Custom Tree Views
Loading Local and Remote XUL
- Do I need to load XUL from the chrome directory?
- Is XUL security different than HTML?
- How do I load XUL from a Web site?
- I get an error on the console 'Permission denied to get property UnnamedClass.classes'
- How do I use a tree with RDF stored on a remote server?
- Generate a list of items
- Generate a list of items using the full syntax
- Recursively generate a list of items
- Generate a list of items using a binding
- Iterate over the children using a predicate
- Iterate over the children using a predicate and a triple
- Generate a list of items from inbound arcs
- Generate items with several strings concatenated
- Generate items with strings from various nodes concatenated
- Combine results from two lists
- Combine results from two predicate lists
- Iterate over elements based on type
- Iterate over parents of a node
- Iterate over the grandchildren of a node
- Generate a grid of results
- Generate a list of items using a text node
- Generate a set of menulists
- Generate a recursive menu
- Generate a filtered set of menus
- Retrieve one grandchild for each child
- Match items from two lists
- Iterate over the children, dependent on a grandchild
- Match items with a certain parent
- Generate a list of items using source and type checks
- Generate descendants depending on the parent
- Generate HTML from a template
- Generate HTML using the full syntax
- Generate a listbox of items with multiple columns
- Recursive tree with two columns
- Recursive tree with a column that uses a source triple
If you have an answer or example you'd like to share, contact us and we'll add it to this page.