The nsIStreamConverterService is a higher level stream converter factory responsible for locating and creating stream converters (nsIStreamConverter).
This service retrieves an interface that can convert data from a particular MIME type, to a particular MIME type. It is responsible for any intermediary conversion required in order to get from X to Z, assuming direct conversion is not possible.
This interface is intended to be used as a service.
This interface is implemented by the following components:
nsIStreamListener asyncConvertData ( char* fromType , char* toType , nsIStreamListener listener , nsISupports context )
nsIInputStream convert ( nsIInputStream fromStream , char* fromType , char* toType , nsISupports context )
ASYNCRONOUS VERSION Retrieves a nsIStreamListener that receives the original/raw data via its nsIStreamListener::OnDataAvailable() callback, then converts and pushes the data to listener.
Use this method when you want to proxy (and convert) nsIStreamListener callbacks asynchronously.
- fromType: The MIME type of the original/raw data.
- toType: The MIME type of the converted data.
- listener: The listener that receives the converted data.
- nsIStreamListener that receives data via its OnDataAvailable() method.
SYNCRONOUS VERSION Converts a stream of one type, to a stream of another type.
Use this method when you have a stream you want to convert.
- fromStream: The stream representing the original/raw data.
- fromType: The MIME type of fromStream.
- toType: The MIME type of the returned stream.
- context: Either an opaque context, or a converter specific context (implementation specific).
- The converted stream. NOTE: The returned stream may not already be converted. An efficient stream converter implementation will convert data on demand rather than buffering the converted data until it is used.
Reference documentation is generated from Mozilla's source.